- April 16: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Actuator Will Be Replaced news | 6 days ago
- March 21: Nissan Recalls 370Z Cars to Fix Curtain Airbags recalls | 32 days ago
- March 17: Nissan Recalls JUKEs For Second Time For Same Problems recalls | 36 days ago
- March 9: Nissan Wants Continuously Variable Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 44 days ago
- March 8: Nissan Sentra Automatic Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 45 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
More info & videos about the Nissan ESCL defect are available over at NissanProblems.com.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 48,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
cooling system problem