- January 17: Nissan Recalls 2018 Versa Notes to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 3 days ago
- January 7: Subaru Investigated in Japan Over Mileage Claims news | 13 days ago
- December 31: Nissan Used Uncertified Inspectors For Decades news | 20 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 23 days ago
- December 17: Nissan Transmission (CVT) Class-Action Lawsuit Filed news | 34 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
2.9hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 48,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
cooling system problem