- July 15: Nissan Recalls 105,000 Versas For Deadly Takata Airbags recalls | 6 days ago
- July 3: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Lawsuit Includes Jukes and Versas news | 18 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 26 days ago
- May 21: JATCO CVT8HT Reliability Questioned in Nissan Lawsuit news | 61 days ago
- April 29: Nissan Timing Chain Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 83 days ago
Nissan Recall : Secondary Hood Latch May Bind And Not Latch
2014 Nissan Altima
If the primary latch is inadvertently released and the secondary latch is not engaged, the hood could unexpectedly open while driving, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Hood — Latch
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Nissan Altima vehicles manufactured March 1, 2013, to December 31, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the secondary hood latch may bind and remain in the unlatched position when the hood is closed.
- Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will be instructed to modify the bend angle of the hood actuation lever to eliminate potential interference with the hood inner panel. In addition, dealers will clean and lubricate the latch joint as needed. If significant corrosion is observed, the latch assembly will be replaced. This repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began March 31, 2015. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261. Note: This recall is an expansion of recall 14V-565.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - TSB
- Recall 573 Report - Rev 1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - NTB15-023 March 26, 2015
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-2
Click a tab for more information.