- November 1: Nissan AEB Malfunction Lawsuit to Continue news | 31 days ago
- October 18: Nissan Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Warranties news | 45 days ago
- October 6: Nissan Recalls Altima, LEAF and Maxima Vehicles recalls | 57 days ago
- September 25: Nissan Titan Recall Ordered Over LED Headlights recalls | 68 days ago
- September 4: Nissan Sentra LED Headlight Recall For 6,000 Cars recalls | 89 days ago
Nissan Recall : Secondary Hood Latch May Bind And Not Latch
2014 Nissan Altima
If the primary latch is inadvertently released and the secondary latch is not engaged, the hood could unexpectedly open while driving, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Hood — Latch
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Nissan Altima vehicles manufactured March 1, 2013, to December 31, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the secondary hood latch may bind and remain in the unlatched position when the hood is closed.
- Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will be instructed to modify the bend angle of the hood actuation lever to eliminate potential interference with the hood inner panel. In addition, dealers will clean and lubricate the latch joint as needed. If significant corrosion is observed, the latch assembly will be replaced. This repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began March 31, 2015. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261. Note: This recall is an expansion of recall 14V-565.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - TSB
- Recall 573 Report - Rev 1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - NTB15-023 March 26, 2015
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-2
Click a tab for more information.