- January 21: Nissan Fails in Motion to Dismiss Altima Transmission Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- December 28: Nissan Wants Altima Floorboard Lawsuit Tossed news | 25 days ago
- December 27: Nissan Forward Emergency Braking Malfunction Causes Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 42 days ago
- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 46 days ago
Nissan Recall : Front Brake Caliper Mounting Bolts May Be Loose
2015 Nissan Altima
If the bolts were not properly tightened, the caliper may detach and reduce braking ability, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Disc — Caliper
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2015 Altima and 2016 Maxima vehicles manufactured October 6, 2015, to October 7, 2015. The affected vehicles have front brake calipers whose mounting bolts may not be properly tightened.
- Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will check the brake caliper mounting bolts, tightening them as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on December 14, 2015. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (13)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - A STOP SALE CONDITION IS IN EFFECT Reference: PC412 Date: November 4, 2015
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - NISSAN BULLETIN Torque Member Bolt Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign Reference: PC412 Date: November 20, 2015 UPDATE
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Nissan Reference: NTB15-105 Date: November 19, 2015
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.