- November 1: Nissan AEB Malfunction Lawsuit to Continue news | 31 days ago
- October 18: Nissan Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Warranties news | 45 days ago
- October 6: Nissan Recalls Altima, LEAF and Maxima Vehicles recalls | 57 days ago
- September 25: Nissan Titan Recall Ordered Over LED Headlights recalls | 68 days ago
- September 4: Nissan Sentra LED Headlight Recall For 6,000 Cars recalls | 89 days ago
Nissan Recall : Unintentional Release Of Primary Hood Latch
2015 Nissan Altima
Corrosion to the secondary latch may cause it to bind and remain in the unlatched position when the hood is closed. If the primary latch is inadvertently released again and the secondary latch is not engaged, the hood could unexpectedly open while driving, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Hood — Latch
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2013-2018 Nissan Altima vehicles. If the primary hood latch is inadvertently released, there is an increased likelihood that the secondary hood latch may corrode over time.
- The remedy for this recall is still under development. Nissan provided instructions to owners on how to properly maintain the latch and included a reminder to fully close the hood and engage the primary hood latch each time before driving. Interim notices informing owners of the safety risk were mailed July 14, 2020. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available. The remedy is expected to become available in the Third Quarter of 2021. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-867-7669. Note: Recall 16V-029 remains open for any unremedied 2013-2015 Altimas and this recall applies to all vehicles covered by 16V-029 even if those repairs have already been performed.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.