- December 1: Nissan Rogue Recall Announced Over Fire Risk From Connectors recalls | 8 days ago
- November 30: Nissan Transmission Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 9 days ago
- November 26: Nissan Rogue CVT Issues Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- November 24: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
- November 21: Nissan Titan XD Turbo Actuator Warranty Extended news | 18 days ago
Nissan Recall R20A7: Unintentional Release Of Primary Hood Latch
2015 Nissan Altima
Corrosion to the secondary latch may cause it to bind and remain in the unlatched position when the hood is closed. If the primary latch is inadvertently released again and the secondary latch is not engaged, the hood could unexpectedly open while driving, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Hood — Latch
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2013-2018 Nissan Altima vehicles. If the primary hood latch is inadvertently released, there is an increased likelihood that the secondary hood latch may corrode over time.
- Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will install a stronger release spring in the hood release lever, a warning label near the secondary hood latch, and an Owner┐s Manual addendum card with instructions on how to lubricate and maintain the secondary hood latch mechanism, free of charge. Owner notification letters were mailed June 30, 2021. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-867-7669. Note: Recall 16V-029 remains open for any unremedied 2013-2015 Altimas and this recall applies to all vehicles covered by 16V-029 even if those repairs have already been performed.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.