- February 27: 2019 Nissan Altimas Recalled For Possible Fuel Leaks recalls | 18 days ago
- February 20: 2009 Nissan Murano Recall Issued For Brake Fluid Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- February 15: Nissan Altima Door Latch Problems Cause 2nd Recall recalls | 30 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 35 days ago
- January 21: Nissan Fails in Motion to Dismiss Altima Transmission Lawsuit news | 55 days ago
Nissan Recall : Rear Door May Open When Window Is Lowered
2016 Nissan Altima
If the rear passenger door opens while the vehicle is moving, the rear passengers have an increased risk of injury.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Doors — Latch
Structure — Body — Door/Window — Emergency Exit
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2015-2017 Altima vehicles, previously remedied under recall number 17V-040. The door latch-lock cable may not have been routed properly in the rear door when the remedy was applied. As a result, the cable may interfere with the window regulator causing the rear passenger door to unlatch and inadvertently open without warning when the window is lowered.
- Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will secure the latch-lock cables in the correct position using the new remedy procedure, free of charge. The recall began February 5, 2019. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7669.
Click a tab for more information.