- January 15: Nissan Recalls 308,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 5 days ago
- November 24: Nissan Altima CVT Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 57 days ago
- November 22: Nissan CVT Settlement Reached news | 59 days ago
- November 18: Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Replacement Program news | 63 days ago
- November 17: Nissan Infiniti Peeling Paint Class Action Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 64 days ago
Nissan Recall : Rear Door May Open When Window Is Lowered
2016 Nissan Altima
If the rear passenger door opens while the vehicle is moving, the rear passengers have an increased risk of injury.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Doors — Latch
Structure — Body — Door/Window — Emergency Exit
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2015-2017 Altima vehicles, previously remedied under recall number 17V-040. The door latch-lock cable may not have been routed properly in the rear door when the remedy was applied. As a result, the cable may interfere with the window regulator causing the rear passenger door to unlatch and inadvertently open without warning when the window is lowered.
- Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will secure the latch-lock cables in the correct position using the new remedy procedure, free of charge. The recall began February 5, 2019. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7669.
Click a tab for more information.