- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 0 days ago
- January 15: Nissan Recalls 308,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 33 days ago
- November 24: Nissan Altima CVT Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 85 days ago
- November 22: Nissan CVT Settlement Reached news | 87 days ago
Nissan Recall : Rear Door May Open When Window Is Lowered
2017 Nissan Altima
If the rear passenger doors inadvertently open while the vehicle is in motion, it may increase the risk of injury to the rear passengers.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Doors — Latch
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2015-2017 Altima vehicles. The rear door latch/lock cable on the vehicles may have been improperly routed. As a result, lowering a rear window may inadvertently cause that door to unlatch and open.
- Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will correct the rear door latch/lock cable routing, free of charge. The recall began on February 16, 2017. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (15)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- NISSAN CAMPAIGN BULLETIN Rear Door Sealing Screen/Vapor Barrier Parts Update Reference: PC540 Date: March 1, 2017
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - March 17, 2017 INFORMATION: AFTERSALES: DEALER SUPPORT: STOP SALE: PARTS UPDATE 2 - PC540 2015-17 Altima Rear Door Sealing Screen_Vapor Barrier - VSRC - Dealer Announcement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Nissan CAMPAIGN BULLETIN Rear Door Sealing Screen/Vapor Barrier Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign Reference: PC540 Date: February 3, 2017
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Reference: NTB17-012 Date: February 2, 2017
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-1
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - NISSAN CAMPAIGN BULLETIN Rear Door Sealing Screen/Vapor Barrier Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign Reference: PC540 Date: January 19, 2017
- 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.