- November 1: Nissan AEB Malfunction Lawsuit to Continue news | 29 days ago
- October 18: Nissan Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Warranties news | 43 days ago
- October 6: Nissan Recalls Altima, LEAF and Maxima Vehicles recalls | 55 days ago
- September 25: Nissan Titan Recall Ordered Over LED Headlights recalls | 66 days ago
- September 4: Nissan Sentra LED Headlight Recall For 6,000 Cars recalls | 87 days ago
Nissan Recall : Brake Lights May Remain Illuminated
2019 Nissan Altima
If the brake switch remains in the ON position, the brake lights will remain illuminated when the brakes are not being pressed, which may confuse other drivers. Additionally, the transmission shift lever may be moved out of the Park position without the brake pedal being pressed, allowing the vehicle to roll unexpectedly. Either condition increases the risk of a crash.
Exterior Lighting — Brake Lights — Switch
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2019 Nissan Altima vehicles. The brake switch bracket may be in the incorrect location, which may cause the brake switch to remain on.
- Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and install a new brake pedal as needed, free of charge. The recall began May 15, 2019. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-867-7669.
- Documents (11)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - PC691 - Automatic Parts Shipment
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT March 25, 2019
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - NISSAN CAMPAIGN BULLETIN Brake Pedal Assembly Inspection Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign Reference: PC691 Date: March 28, 2019
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - CAMPAIGN BULLETIN Brake Pedal Assembly Inspection Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign Reference: PC691 Date: June 4, 2019
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-4
Click a tab for more information.