- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 8 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Facing Trouble in Japan Over Falsified Documents news | 10 days ago
- September 26: Nissan Sentra Xtronic CVT Lawsuit Targets 2012-2017 Models news | 22 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 70 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 70 days ago
2004 Nissan Maxima
accessories - interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2004 Maxima accessories - interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- gear shift won't go into gear2
- gauges not working properly1
- power doors & windows not working1
- speaker malfunction1
- NHTSA: Seats7
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Radio/Tape Deck/Cd Etc.6
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Power Adjust5
- NHTSA: Equipment4
- NHTSA: Communications: Horn Assembly2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Instrument Panel2
- NHTSA: Child Seat1
- NHTSA: Equipment Adaptive1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Nav System (GPS)1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.