- February 23: Nissan Timing Chain Lawsuit Preliminarily Approved news | 5 days ago
- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 11 days ago
- January 15: Nissan Recalls 308,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 44 days ago
Body Is Rusting
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 110,800 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 7 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
- replace floor panels (3 reports)
- repair subframe and floor (1 reports)
body / paint problem