- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 9 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Facing Trouble in Japan Over Falsified Documents news | 11 days ago
- September 26: Nissan Sentra Xtronic CVT Lawsuit Targets 2012-2017 Models news | 23 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 71 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 71 days ago
Body Is Rusting
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 110,094 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
- replace floor panels (3 reports)
body / paint problem