- November 21: Nissan Titan 5.0 Cummins Engine Reliability Questioned investigations | 18 days ago
- November 11: Nissan Peeling Paint Class Action Lawsuit news | 28 days ago
- November 7: Feds Warn: Aftermarket Steering Wheel Decal Blinds Driver news | 32 days ago
- November 4: Nissan Z Cars Recalled Over Hood Issues recalls | 35 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Ariya Recall Involves Nearly 11,000 SUVs recalls | 62 days ago
Body Is Rusting
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 110,800 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 7 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
- replace floor panels (3 reports)
- repair subframe and floor (1 reports)
body / paint problem