- December 17: Nissan Transmission (CVT) Class-Action Lawsuit Filed news | 0 days ago
- December 7: Nissan Timing Chain Replacements Will Be Reimbursed: Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- November 23: Infiniti FX Bubbling Dashboard Lawsuit Verdict Overturned news | 24 days ago
- November 19: Nissan Versa Coil Spring Recall Expanded recalls | 28 days ago
- November 16: Nissan Rogues Recalled To Fix Rear Seat Problems recalls | 31 days ago
Loss Of Power, Running Rough
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 101,068 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (4 reports)
- replace engine coils (1 reports)
- replace valve cover gasket (1 reports)