- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 44 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 44 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 54 days ago
- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 63 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 68 days ago
Loss Of Power, Running Rough
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 101,068 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (4 reports)
- replace engine coils (1 reports)
- replace valve cover gasket (1 reports)