- December 1: Nissan Recalls Frontier Crew Cab Long Bed Trucks recalls | 4 days ago
- November 29: Nissan Class Action Lawsuit Says Airbags Suddenly Deploy news | 6 days ago
- November 6: Nissan Rogue Hybrids Recalled For Stalled Engines recalls | 29 days ago
- October 13: Nissan Recalls Hybrid Vehicles That May Stall recalls | 53 days ago
- October 7: Nissan CVT Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 59 days ago
Radiator Leaked Coolant Into Transmission
2007 Nissan Pathfinder (Page 1 of 12)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 114,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 231 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace radiator and transmission (151 reports)
- not sure (42 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (17 reports)
- replaced radiator (13 reports)
- bypassed radiator, added an external tranny cooler (2 reports)
- bypass trans cooler/add external cooler/replace pcm (1 reports)