- September 16: Nissan Backup Camera Recall Affects Altima and Sentra Vehicles recalls | 8 days ago
- August 20: Nissan Sentra Tie-Rod Recall Affects 236,000 Vehicles recalls | 35 days ago
- July 23: Nissan Kicks and Versa Vehicles May Lose Power Steering recalls | 63 days ago
- July 21: Nissan LEAF Recall For Unintended Acceleration recalls | 65 days ago
Radiator Leaked Coolant Into Transmission
2007 Nissan Pathfinder (Page 1 of 12)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 114,550 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 232 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace radiator and transmission (152 reports)
- not sure (42 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (17 reports)
- replaced radiator (13 reports)
- bypassed radiator, added an external tranny cooler (2 reports)
- bypass trans cooler/add external cooler/replace pcm (1 reports)