- November 1: Nissan AEB Malfunction Lawsuit to Continue news | 32 days ago
- October 18: Nissan Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Warranties news | 46 days ago
- October 6: Nissan Recalls Altima, LEAF and Maxima Vehicles recalls | 58 days ago
- September 25: Nissan Titan Recall Ordered Over LED Headlights recalls | 69 days ago
Radiator Leaked Coolant Into Transmission
2007 Nissan Pathfinder (Page 1 of 12)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 114,150 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 230 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace radiator and transmission (150 reports)
- not sure (42 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (17 reports)
- replaced radiator (13 reports)
- bypassed radiator, added an external tranny cooler (2 reports)
- bypass trans cooler/add external cooler/replace pcm (1 reports)