- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 2 days ago
- October 4: Nissan Altima Transmission Recall Needed, Says Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- September 29: Nissan Says Inspection Documents in Japan Were Falsified news | 18 days ago
- September 20: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 27 days ago
- September 1: Nissan Ignition Switch Problems Cause Recall recalls | 46 days ago
Timing Chain And Tensioner Defective
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 112,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace timing chain/tensioner (3 reports)