- May 21: JATCO CVT8HT Reliability Questioned in Nissan Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- April 29: Nissan Timing Chain Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 24 days ago
- April 25: Nissan Titan Trucks Recalled For Missing Labels recalls | 28 days ago
- April 24: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Problems Blamed For 14 Crashes investigations | 29 days ago
- April 16: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Actuator Will Be Replaced news | 37 days ago
Timing Chain And Tensioner Defective
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 112,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace timing chain/tensioner (3 reports)