- August 7: Nissan Recalls Versa Cars to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 11 days ago
- July 22: Nissan Sentra CVT Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 27 days ago
- July 15: Nissan Recalls 105,000 Versas For Deadly Takata Airbags recalls | 34 days ago
- July 3: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Lawsuit Includes Jukes and Versas news | 46 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 54 days ago
Timing Chain And Tensioner Defective
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 112,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace timing chain/tensioner (3 reports)