- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 13 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Facing Trouble in Japan Over Falsified Documents news | 15 days ago
- September 26: Nissan Sentra Xtronic CVT Lawsuit Targets 2012-2017 Models news | 27 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 75 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 75 days ago
NHTSA — Air Bags: Frontal: Sensor/Control Module Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 15 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
seat belts / air bags problem