- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 4 days ago
- October 4: Nissan Altima Transmission Recall Needed, Says Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
- September 29: Nissan Says Inspection Documents in Japan Were Falsified news | 20 days ago
- September 20: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 29 days ago
- September 1: Nissan Ignition Switch Problems Cause Recall recalls | 48 days ago
Nissan Recall : Reduction In Brake Effectiveness
2008 Nissan Xterra
In ABS/vdc actuators with more than one ball, it is possible that fluid flow could be blocked and cause a reduction in brake force in one or both front wheels or affect operation of the ABS and/or vdc. This could result in a reduction in brake effectiveness without warning increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Antilock — Control Unit/Module
- On certain sport utility vehicles, the antilock brake system/vehicle dynamic control (ABS/vdc) actuator is designed with one ball in the valve section. Some ABS/vdc actuators were manufactured with more than one ball in the valve.
- Dealers will replace the ABS/vdc actuator with a new one. The recall began on December 31, 2007. Owners may contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.