- August 7: Nissan Recalls Versa Cars to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 7 days ago
- July 22: Nissan Sentra CVT Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 23 days ago
- July 15: Nissan Recalls 105,000 Versas For Deadly Takata Airbags recalls | 30 days ago
- July 3: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Lawsuit Includes Jukes and Versas news | 42 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 50 days ago
Nissan Recall : Reduction In Brake Effectiveness
2008 Nissan Xterra
In ABS/vdc actuators with more than one ball, it is possible that fluid flow could be blocked and cause a reduction in brake force in one or both front wheels or affect operation of the ABS and/or vdc. This could result in a reduction in brake effectiveness without warning increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Antilock — Control Unit/Module
- On certain sport utility vehicles, the antilock brake system/vehicle dynamic control (ABS/vdc) actuator is designed with one ball in the valve section. Some ABS/vdc actuators were manufactured with more than one ball in the valve.
- Dealers will replace the ABS/vdc actuator with a new one. The recall began on December 31, 2007. Owners may contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.