- January 14: Toyota Emissions Settlement Reached For $180 Million news | 8 days ago
- December 19: Toyota Steering Column Problems Cause Recall recalls | 34 days ago
- December 1: Toyota RAV4 Primes Recalled For Headlight Problems recalls | 52 days ago
- November 30: BMW Z4 and Toyota Supra Recall: Fuel Leaks recalls | 53 days ago
- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 56 days ago
Abs And/Or Brake Light On
2007 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 99,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 28 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (16 reports)
- replace ABS brake actuator (6 reports)
- replace ABS actuator (2 reports)
- replace ABS modular (2 reports)
- replace ABS modulator (2 reports)