- October 9: State Lawsuits Against VW Don't Look Good news | 12 days ago
- October 9: Volkswagen and Canada Apparently Not Getting Along news | 12 days ago
- October 4: Volkswagen Recalls Older Touaregs Over Gas Leak Concerns recalls | 17 days ago
- September 25: Volkswagen Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Says Glass Injures People news | 26 days ago
- September 13: Study Says Bosch Created Illegal Emissions Software news | 38 days ago
2014 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2014 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid
Official recalls have been issued for the 2014 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Volkswagen service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Volkswagen customer service.
2014 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid POWER TRAIN NHTSA Campaign #13V568000
Summary: Volkswagen Group of America, Inc (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Jetta Hybrid vehicles manufactured October 2012 through October 2013 and equipped with a DQ-200 direct-shift gearbox. Due to gearbox fluid additives, the control module within the gearbox may corrode. The deposits from this corrosion may cause an electrical short and result in a stall-like condition.
Consequence: This sudden loss of power while driving increases the risk of a crash.
Actions: Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the gearbox oil with a non-corrosive version, free of charge. The recall began on December 6, 2013. Owners may contact Volkswagen at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's recall number is 34F6/4V. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #13V568000 »