- May 13: Chevrolet Caprice Police Pursuit and SS Cars Recalled recalls | 13 days ago
- April 28: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Blames Piston Rings news | 28 days ago
- April 27: GM Transmission Lawsuit Doesn't Hold Up, Says Automaker news | 29 days ago
- April 21: GM Hard Tri-Fold Bed Cover Recall: Take 2 recalls | 35 days ago
- April 20: Corvette Cracked Wheels Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 36 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 30,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
body / paint problem