- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 28 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 32 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 33 days ago
- June 19: GM Truck Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 34 days ago
- June 19: Chevy Shake Class Action Lawsuit Is 'Overreach,' Argues GM news | 34 days ago
Shaking/Vibration While Braking
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 61,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
- sell the p.o.s (2 reports)