- April 25: Chevrolet Trax Recall Issued For Lower Control Arm Separations recalls | 0 days ago
- April 20: GM 8L90 and 8L45 Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 5 days ago
- April 17: GM Lawsuit Says Owners Deserve Compensation For Data news | 8 days ago
- April 17: Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain SUVs Have Weld Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- April 15: Michelin and Takata Cleared in $80 Million Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt
Cooling System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Cooling System Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cobalt Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Cobalt compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cobalt overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cobalt.