- February 14: Brake Fluid Leaks Cause Ford Escape and Lincoln MKC Recall recalls | 5 days ago
- February 13: 2006 Ford Ranger Owners Warned to Park the Trucks recalls | 6 days ago
- February 1: Exploding Sunroof in Ford Escape Causes Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- January 29: Ford Focus Suspension Lawsuit is Over news | 21 days ago
- January 27: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SUVs recalls | 23 days ago
Loose Steering, Wanders, Hard To Keep On Road
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Another common problem for the 2002-2003 Explorer is wheel bearing failure at around 90k miles, with a typical repair bill of $500 to $1000 depending on how many wheel bearings failed.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 67,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)