- January 8: Ford F-150 Oil Consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- December 28: Ford Recalls EcoSports and Transit Connects Over Airbags recalls | 21 days ago
- December 24: Ford Door Latch Settlement Receives Final Approval news | 25 days ago
- December 22: Ford Explorer, Lincoln Aviator Recalled For Motor Mounts recalls | 27 days ago
- December 22: Ford E-Series Recall Necessary To Prevent Burns recalls | 27 days ago
2005 Ford Explorer
Body / Paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
2005 Ford Explorer Body / Paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Cracked Panel Below The Rear Window267
- Paint Is Peeling Off47
- Excessive Rust5
- Paint Bubbling3
- Hinges For Rear Hatch Broken1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body107
- NHTSA: Structure25
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hatchback/Liftgate15
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Tailgate 3
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members2
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hatchback/Liftgate: Hinge And ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.