- September 16: Ford Explorer Wheel Hub Bearing Assemblies Recalled recalls | 6 days ago
- September 15: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Investigation Upgraded investigations | 7 days ago
- September 12: Ford PowerShift Dual-Clutch Transmission Settlement Questioned news | 10 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls F-150 and Mustang Over Deadly Airbags recalls | 22 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls Explorer, Taurus and Police Interceptors recalls | 22 days ago
Cracked Panel Below The Rear Window
2005 Ford Explorer (Page 1 of 14)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 81,567 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 262 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- Ford should recall based on 2002-2005 complaints (122 reports)
- Ford should fix it if reported,being it's a known defect!!! (73 reports)
- not sure (34 reports)
- part needs to be replaced (14 reports)
- replace (10 reports)
- re-initiate the charity repair solution (4 reports)
body / paint problem