- September 24: Ford Shifter Bushing Recall Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 5 days ago
- September 23: Ford EcoSport Engine and Oil Pump Problems Investigated investigations | 6 days ago
- September 19: Ford Focus Recall Investigated For Canister Purge Valves investigations | 10 days ago
- September 15: Ford Transmission Recall Includes E-350, F-650 and F-750 recalls | 14 days ago
- September 5: Ford Truck Fuel Pump Problems Lead to Class Action Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
Spark Plug Ejected From The Engine
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 116,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- install helicoil because the spark plug stripped the threads (1 reports)