- May 9: Ford Explorer Recall Includes Nearly 617,000 Vehicles recalls | 1 days ago
- April 27: Ford Mustang Transmission Lawsuit Survives news | 13 days ago
- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 43 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 45 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 52 days ago
2005 Ford Explorer
Windows / Windshield Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
2005 Ford Explorer Windows / Windshield Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Window Not Operating7
- Rear Window Exploded6
- Window Works Occasionally4
- Rear Glass Hinges Broken3
- Windows Vibrate And Shake2
- NHTSA: Visibility12
- NHTSA: Visibility: Power Window Devices And Controls4
- NHTSA: Visibility: Glass, Side/Rear3
- NHTSA: Visibility: Windshield1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.