- November 19: Feds Deny Ford and Mazda Petitions to Delay Takata Airbag Recalls news | 1 days ago
- October 27: Ford Fusion Loose Steering Wheel Bolts Investigated investigations | 24 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls Transit Vans After Reports of Fires recalls | 25 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls 2017 F-150 Over Transmission Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- October 25: Ford Recalls 2018 F-150 Trucks For Shift Lever Problems recalls | 26 days ago
NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The previous generation of Explorer was so awful that the redesign in 2006 was greeted with much optimism. That didn't last long.
The transmission continues to be the Explorer's worst reliability problem. Owners report shifting hard & lunging, typically starting as low as 40k miles with a $1,600 average repair bill. On top of that, the radiator is prone to failure around 60k miles. Repairs for the radiator run $500 to $1,000 & many owners report they've had to replace the radiator multiple times for leaks, indicating a possible design defect in the OEM replacement parts.
Ford did make some significant changes to improve handling and safety. Electronic stability control was added in addition to side impact air bags, but beyond that this is a vehicle that should be avoided at all costs.
2.2hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 69,812 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
fuel system problem