- December 3: Ford Recalls Bronco Sports and Escapes For Brake Issues recalls | 2 days ago
- November 25: Ford Edge Lawsuit Dismissed Over EcoBoost Flexplates news | 10 days ago
- November 8: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 27 days ago
- October 26: Ford Bronco Sport Moonroofs May Fly Away recalls | 41 days ago
- October 22: Ford Ranger SuperCabs Recalled For Seat Belt Issues recalls | 45 days ago
Ford Recall : Vehicle Rooftop Rack System
2012 Ford Focus
Without proper contact of the rooftop rack clip to the door frame, there is insufficient clamping pressure and friction. The system may slide off the vehicle when loaded with accessories, possibly becoming a road hazard to other vehicles or causing injury to pedestrians.
- This recall involves aftermarket parts sold by Yakima Products, Inc. for use on model year 2012 and 2013 Ford Focus vehicles. This recall is being conducted by Yakima, not by Ford. Certain combined Q-Tower and Q128 Clip rooftop rack systems, part numbers 8000124 and 8000728, do not fully contact the door frame.
- Yakima will notify owners, and Yakima or a Yakima dealer will refund the purchase of the Q-Tower and Q-128 Clip system. There is no replacement system available for the 2012-2013 model year Ford Focus. The safety recall began on October 15, 2012. Only vehicles equipped with the vehicle rack system are affected. This recall is being conducted by Yakima, not Ford. Owners may contact Yakima at 1-888-925-4621.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.