- February 21: Ford Emissions Investigation Opened After Employees Speak Up investigations | 27 days ago
- February 19: Ford Fusion Energi Recall Ordered To Prevent Electrical Shocks recalls | 29 days ago
- February 17: 1998 Ford Explorer Rollover Crash Will Cost Ford $152 Million news | 31 days ago
- February 14: Recall: Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator recalls | 34 days ago
- February 13: Lincoln Continental Door Latch Recall Includes 28,200 Cars recalls | 35 days ago
Ford Recall 18S07: Transmission Clutch Slip And Fluid Leak
2015 Ford Focus
A transmission fluid leak in the presence of an ignition source such as hot engine or exhaust components can increase the risk of a fire.
Power Train — Manual Transmission
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2013-2014 Ford Fusion vehicles equipped with a 1.6L GTDI engine and 6-speed manual transmission and 2015-2016 Ford Focus vehicles equipped with a 1.0L GTDI engine and 6-speed manual transmission. Also included are four 2017 Ford Focus vehicles that had clutch replacements with potentially affected parts. The clutch may fracture, resulting in damage to the transmission assembly and possibly a transmission fluid leak.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will update the Focus vehicles with software that detects and prevents prolonged clutch slip, and will replace the clutch, as necessary, free of charge. Owners of Fusion vehicles will have their clutch assembly replaced free of charge. The recall began August 3, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18S07.
Click a tab for more information.