- August 22: Ford 'Death Wobble' Class Action Lawsuit Debated Before Judge news | 2 days ago
- August 21: Ford Explorer Hood Rust Recall Needed, Alleges Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- August 16: Ford PowerShift Transmission Warranty Extension Announced news | 8 days ago
- August 15: Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Recalled For Seat Belt-Related Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- August 10: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Over Harsh Shifting news | 14 days ago
Ford Recall 18S07: Transmission Clutch Slip And Fluid Leak
2015 Ford Focus
A transmission fluid leak in the presence of an ignition source such as hot engine or exhaust components can increase the risk of a fire.
Power Train — Manual Transmission
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2013-2014 Ford Fusion vehicles equipped with a 1.6L GTDI engine and 6-speed manual transmission and 2015-2016 Ford Focus vehicles equipped with a 1.0L GTDI engine and 6-speed manual transmission. Also included are four 2017 Ford Focus vehicles that had clutch replacements with potentially affected parts. The clutch may fracture, resulting in damage to the transmission assembly and possibly a transmission fluid leak.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will update the Focus vehicles with software that detects and prevents prolonged clutch slip, and will replace the clutch, as necessary, free of charge. Owners of Fusion vehicles will have their clutch assembly replaced free of charge. The recall began August 3, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18S07.
Click a tab for more information.