- January 19: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 5 days ago
- January 11: Gear Box Z Lawsuit Filed By The U.S. Government news | 13 days ago
- January 5: Ford Truck Tailgate Recall Satisfies Federal Investigators investigations | 19 days ago
- December 26: Ford Door Latch Recall Investigated As Doors Keep Opening investigations | 29 days ago
- December 22: Ford Soft Brake Pedal Recall Issued For 600,000 Vehicles recalls | 33 days ago
Ford Recall 18S07: Transmission Clutch Slip And Fluid Leak
2016 Ford Focus
A transmission fluid leak in the presence of an ignition source such as hot engine or exhaust components can increase the risk of a fire.
Power Train — Manual Transmission
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2016-2018 Ford Focus vehicles equipped with a 1.0L Fox GTDI engine and a 6-speed manual transmission. The clutch may fracture, resulting in damage to the transmission assembly and possibly a transmission fluid leak.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will update vehicles with software that detects and prevents prolonged clutch slip, and will replace the clutch, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began January 17, 2019. Owners may contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18S07. Note: This recall is an expansion of Recall 18V-169.
Click a tab for more information.