- October 19: Honda Recalls 2019 Insight, Odyssey and Ridgeline recalls | 1 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls Civics and CR-Vs to Fix Steering Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- October 3: Honda Fuel Dilution Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- September 29: Honda Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 21 days ago
- September 28: Honda Recalls Accord and Insight For Rear Camera Problems recalls | 22 days ago
1997 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: 1997 is the last model year in the 5th generation of Accord. Which means it's also the last model year before problems like widespread transmission failure, subframe rust and peeling paint took over.
Does the 1997 have problems? Sure it does. Any car this old will. Some owners say their engine started to cut out around 147,000 miles. That's still not bad, and getting to 200,000+ miles isn't out of the question.
Does anyone believe a newer Accord will reach 200,000 miles?
1997 Honda Accord Suspension Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Control Arm: Lower Ball Joint10
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front8
- NHTSA: Suspension4
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Control Arm2
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Macpherson Strut2
- NHTSA: Suspension: Rear2
- NHTSA: Suspension: Rear: Shock Absorber1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.