- March 14: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Claims Soy Attracts Animals news | 7 days ago
- March 3: Honda CR-V and Civic High Oil Levels a Growing Trend news | 18 days ago
- February 18: Takata Bankruptcy Settlement Agreement Approved news | 31 days ago
- February 10: Honda Recalls Clarity Fuel Cell Cars, All in California recalls | 39 days ago
- January 30: Honda Malaysia Reports Takata Airbag-Related Death news | 50 days ago
NHTSA — Suspension: Front: Macpherson Strut Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: 1997 is the last model year in the 5th generation of Accord. Which means it's also the last model year before problems like widespread transmission failure, subframe rust and peeling paint took over.
Does the 1997 have problems? Sure it does. Any car this old will. Some owners say their engine started to cut out around 147,000 miles. That's still not bad, and getting to 200,000+ miles isn't out of the question.
Does anyone believe a newer Accord will reach 200,000 miles?
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 27,500 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.