- April 18: Honda Sued By Insurance Company After Odyssey Fire news | 8 days ago
- April 15: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Still Connected news | 11 days ago
- April 14: Recall: Honda and Acura Seats Could Detach From the Floors recalls | 12 days ago
- April 12: Honda CR-V Oil Levels Increasing Due To Unburned Fuel news | 14 days ago
- March 21: Honda Recalls 255,000 Odyssey Minivans For Seatback Problems recalls | 36 days ago
NHTSA — Suspension: Front Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: 1997 is the last model year in the 5th generation of Accord. Which means it's also the last model year before problems like widespread transmission failure, subframe rust and peeling paint took over.
Does the 1997 have problems? Sure it does. Any car this old will. Some owners say their engine started to cut out around 147,000 miles. That's still not bad, and getting to 200,000+ miles isn't out of the question.
Does anyone believe a newer Accord will reach 200,000 miles?
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 35,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.