- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 0 days ago
- November 4: Honda Civic CVT Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- October 31: Honda CR-V Oil Dilution Fix on the Way news | 16 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls 2019 Insight, Odyssey and Ridgeline recalls | 28 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls Civics and CR-Vs to Fix Steering Problems recalls | 28 days ago
NHTSA — Suspension: Front Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: 1997 is the last model year in the 5th generation of Accord. Which means it's also the last model year before problems like widespread transmission failure, subframe rust and peeling paint took over.
Does the 1997 have problems? Sure it does. Any car this old will. Some owners say their engine started to cut out around 147,000 miles. That's still not bad, and getting to 200,000+ miles isn't out of the question.
Does anyone believe a newer Accord will reach 200,000 miles?
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 35,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.