- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 25 days ago
- June 4: Malaysia To Punish Owners Who Ignore Takata Airbag Recalls news | 46 days ago
- June 4: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Over Rodent Damage Dismissed news | 46 days ago
- June 2: Two Takata Airbags Explode in Same Crash, Driver Killed news | 48 days ago
- May 30: Isuzu Rodeo, Axiom and Honda Passport Gas Tanks Detaching investigations | 51 days ago
1998 Honda Accord
Accessories - Interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
1998 Honda Accord Accessories - Interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Ignition Switch Failure7
- Won't Go Into Gear5
- Power Door Locks Stopped Working2
- Brake Light Doesn't Go Off1
- Emergency Brake Light Goes On And Off1
- Steering Wheel Peeling1
- NHTSA: Communications: Horn Assembly16
- NHTSA: Seats13
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Recliner12
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical6
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Radio/Tape Deck/Cd Etc.6
- NHTSA: Interior Lighting3
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Power Adjust2
- NHTSA: Child Seat1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Instrument Panel1
- NHTSA: Equipment1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Mechanical: Jacks1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Other: Labels1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1998 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.