- March 14: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Claims Soy Attracts Animals news | 5 days ago
- March 3: Honda CR-V and Civic High Oil Levels a Growing Trend news | 16 days ago
- February 18: Takata Bankruptcy Settlement Agreement Approved news | 29 days ago
- February 10: Honda Recalls Clarity Fuel Cell Cars, All in California recalls | 37 days ago
- January 30: Honda Malaysia Reports Takata Airbag-Related Death news | 48 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And Linkage: Floor Shift Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
2.2hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 70,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.