- May 23: 2019 Honda CR-Vs Recalled After 3 Drivers Injured By Airbags recalls | 2 days ago
- May 9: Honda Civic Electric Parking Brake Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- April 28: Honda and Toyota Lawsuit Filed Over ZF-TRW Airbag Control Units news | 27 days ago
- April 27: Honda Timing Belt Recall Issued For Separated Teeth recalls | 28 days ago
- April 26: Recall: Honda Odyssey Minivans Shift Into PARK While Driving recalls | 29 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And Linkage: Floor Shift Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
2.2hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 70,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.