- September 14: Honda Recalls Cars With Airbags That Weren't Installed Correctly recalls | 34 days ago
- September 11: Lane Departure and Blind Spot Warning Systems Really Work news | 37 days ago
- September 8: Salvaged Takata Airbag Focus of Karina Dorado Lawsuit news | 40 days ago
- September 4: Honda Agrees to $605 Million Takata Airbag Settlement news | 44 days ago
- August 21: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 58 days ago
Stalls/Shuts Off While Driving
1999 Honda Accord (Page 4 of 5)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 118,406 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 85 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (65 reports)
- new ignition switch (4 reports)
- replaced ignition switch (electrical portion only) (3 reports)
- dealership replaced ignition switch (2 reports)
- i had a problem with my car stalling (2 reports)
- it was the bad ignition switch which needs replacement (2 reports)