- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- November 4: Honda Civic CVT Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- October 31: Honda CR-V Oil Dilution Fix on the Way news | 17 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls 2019 Insight, Odyssey and Ridgeline recalls | 29 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls Civics and CR-Vs to Fix Steering Problems recalls | 29 days ago
2000 Honda Accord
Body / Paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
2000 Honda Accord Body / Paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Clear Coat Is Peeling48
- Paint Faded Almost Completely5
- Paint Peeling2
- Subframe Corrosion2
- Window Frame Is Rusting2
- Corrosion In Engine Bay1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body37
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members: Underbody Shields16
- NHTSA: Structure9
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members7
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door 4
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Trunk Lid 3
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Bumpers1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door: Hinge And Attachments1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hood1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Roof And Pillars1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.