- February 14: 437,000 Honda and Acura Vehicles Recalled For Fuel Pumps recalls | 7 days ago
- February 10: 2015 Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit Settlement Approved news | 11 days ago
- February 8: Honda Ridgeline Recalled To Replace Fuel Pumps and Covers recalls | 13 days ago
- December 22: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Ordered For 1,082 Cars recalls | 61 days ago
- December 14: Honda Recalls Pilot and Ridgeline Due To Airbag Problems recalls | 69 days ago
Clear Coat Is Peeling
2000 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 3)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 115,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 48 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (25 reports)
- repaint car (23 reports)
body / paint problem