- March 28: Honda Side Mirrors Can Fall Off, Recall Announced recalls | 2 days ago
- March 26: Honda Civic Sticky Steering Wheel Complaints Cause Investigation investigations | 4 days ago
- March 15: Honda Seat Belt Buckle Recall Includes 500,000 Vehicles recalls | 15 days ago
- February 7: Honda Fit and Honda HR-V Recalled Over Backup Camera Images recalls | 51 days ago
- February 3: Exploding Airbag Warning: Stop Driving 2001-2003 Honda Vehicles recalls | 55 days ago
2012 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.
Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.
The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 9,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 111 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- seats should be redesigned and replaced (62 reports)
- not sure (24 reports)
- no solution but for honda to fix this problem (14 reports)
- trade the car in or wait for a recall (3 reports)
- go to change.org and sign the petition (2 reports)
- sign petition on change.org (2 reports)
accessories - interior problem
- Accord 2008+ Back Pain Fix - Fix for Accord driver's seat - years 2008+
- Petition To Honda To Replace Defective Driver Seats - THIS PETITION IS SO HONDA WILL TAKE NOTICE AND REPLACE THE DEFECTIVE DRIVER SEATS THAT ARE LITERALLY CRIPPLING DRIVERS WHO OWN THIS VEHICLE FROM 2008 UP TO AND INCLUDING 2012
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
I rated this a pain in the ass with all pun intended. Not only are the seats extremely uncomfortable for any given length of time, but it is impossible to ride in this car in any seat but the driver's seat without feeling sick to your stomach. After getting nothing but complaints from passengers over the past few years of ownership about them feeling sick to their stomach. I have experienced it myself sitting in the passenger seat and I additionally noticed I couldn't breathe which only made it worse.
- Matthew R., Warwick, RI, US