- January 22: Honda Recalls 2.4 Million Vehicles For Takata NADI Airbags recalls | 2 days ago
- January 1: Tesla Crash in Gardena, California, Investigated By Feds investigations | 23 days ago
- December 26: Acura MDX and RDX Loss of Power Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 29 days ago
- December 24: Honda Civic Air Conditioner Lawsuit Filed Over Condensers news | 31 days ago
- December 18: Honda Recalls CR-Vs Over Loose Subframe Bolts recalls | 37 days ago
Starter Not Working Properly
2014 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2014 Honda Accord is showing signs of an electrical problem with the starter failing soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. It's compounded by reports that the OEM battery doesn't have sufficient amps to start the V6 reliably after a year or two.
For now we are rating this problem with the "Beware" seal because it's occurring so soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. The upshot is when your Accord won't start, that's never good, but especially bad when it's just a few years old.
Also once again, owners are complaining that the 2014 Honda Accord seats are uncomfortable. Uncomfortable seats has been a significant complaint with the Accord since the 2008 model year.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 46,450 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 39 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace starter (28 reports)
- not sure (11 reports)