- August 31: Minivan Crash Test Ratings For 2018-2019 Models news | 18 days ago
- August 22: Honda Earth Dreams Engine Lawsuit Filed For CR-Vs and Civics news | 27 days ago
- July 25: Honda Recalls 2018 Civics to Replace Gibberish Labels recalls | 55 days ago
- July 21: Honda CR-V Seating Capacity of Five is False: Lawsuit news | 59 days ago
- July 21: Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 59 days ago
Starter Not Working Properly
2014 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2014 Honda Accord is showing signs of an electrical problem with the starter failing soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. It's compounded by reports that the OEM battery doesn't have sufficient amps to start the V6 reliably after a year or two.
For now we are rating this problem with the "Beware" seal because it's occurring so soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. The upshot is when your Accord won't start, that's never good, but especially bad when it's just a few years old.
Also once again, owners are complaining that the 2014 Honda Accord seats are uncomfortable. Uncomfortable seats has been a significant complaint with the Accord since the 2008 model year.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 46,750 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 25 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace starter (18 reports)
- not sure (7 reports)