- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- November 4: Honda Civic CVT Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- October 31: Honda CR-V Oil Dilution Fix on the Way news | 17 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls 2019 Insight, Odyssey and Ridgeline recalls | 29 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls Civics and CR-Vs to Fix Steering Problems recalls | 29 days ago
Starter Not Working Properly
2014 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2014 Honda Accord is showing signs of an electrical problem with the starter failing soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. It's compounded by reports that the OEM battery doesn't have sufficient amps to start the V6 reliably after a year or two.
For now we are rating this problem with the "Beware" seal because it's occurring so soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. The upshot is when your Accord won't start, that's never good, but especially bad when it's just a few years old.
Also once again, owners are complaining that the 2014 Honda Accord seats are uncomfortable. Uncomfortable seats has been a significant complaint with the Accord since the 2008 model year.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 46,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 29 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace starter (20 reports)
- not sure (9 reports)