- June 15: 2022 Honda Odyssey Minivans Recalled Over Seat Frames recalls | 6 days ago
- June 5: Honda Ridgeline Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Tailgates news | 16 days ago
- June 4: Honda Battery Class Action Lawsuit in Florida news | 17 days ago
- June 4: Honda Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Drained Battery news | 17 days ago
- May 15: Honda Civic Air Conditioning Recall Needed, Lawsuit Alleges news | 37 days ago
Starter Not Working Properly
2014 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2014 Honda Accord is showing signs of an electrical problem with the starter failing soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. It's compounded by reports that the OEM battery doesn't have sufficient amps to start the V6 reliably after a year or two.
For now we are rating this problem with the "Beware" seal because it's occurring so soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. The upshot is when your Accord won't start, that's never good, but especially bad when it's just a few years old.
Also once again, owners are complaining that the 2014 Honda Accord seats are uncomfortable. Uncomfortable seats has been a significant complaint with the Accord since the 2008 model year.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 47,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 43 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace starter (31 reports)
- not sure (12 reports)