2018 Honda Accord electrical problems: multiple warning lights on

Multiple Warning Lights On

2018 Honda Accord

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

9.0

$300

2. clear codes (1 reports)
  3. realign radar (1 reports)
2018 Honda Accord electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda Accord:

2018 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jan 162019

Accord Touring 1.5t

• CVT transmission

I got into my car which I have had a little over a month and it has 1179 miles on it. I pressed the start button, no start. auxiliaries worked, couldn't get car out of gear. Pushed button on and off a few times to no avail. Stranded in parking lot, called hubby, he came, was perplexed and on a whim pushed the start button twice and it started up in limp mode. Error messages as follows: CROSSED OUT "D, POWER STEERING PROBLEM, EMISSION SYSTEM PROBLEM, ELECTRONIC PARKING BRAKE PROBLEM, HILL START ASSISTS PROBLEM, VEHICLE ASSIST STABILITY PROBLEM, LOW POWER to name a few.

I drove it home in limp mode and called the dealership, it was after 6 pm. I was told to have it towed in to them to check. That was after being bounced around 4x and having to call back to talk to someone for help. Next morning, I get in, start it up and no issue and no messages. I drove it to the dealership anyway because I didn't want this happening again especially since I will be traveling out of state. I will spare the bs with the service manager but long story short, they put the code reader on and couldn't find anything significant but showed there was lost connectivity (which to me is significant). they spent all of maybe 5 hours on it and did a reboot and told me it was ready and they couldn't find anything. Hubby called them and told them they should have spent a little more time getting to the root of the lost connectivity instead of taking the lazy way out and doing a reboot and hope for the best,and with no promise that it wasn't going to happen again.

I have read 2016 Civic Tourings have had this issue. Anyone have any thoughts? They kept the car a few days longer and checked the battery ground and cleaned something T1 or B1 (not sure what that is). p.s the battery was never an issue, it was perfect all along.....

- akitamommy2, Commack, US

Mar 312019

Accord EX-L 1.5L

• CVT transmission

I was driving on a side road (not a dirt, gravel, icy or snowy) and all of a sudden my dashboard lights up with 3 warnings. Adaptive cruise control, Forward collision mitigation system, Road departure avoidance system have been disabled and please contact the Honda dealer.

So I visit the dealer the next morning, and the service adviser tells me if the repair is not covered under warranty, I will be charged for the repair and if I chose not to repair, the diagnosis alone will cost me CAD 125/-. I asked what would make it not covered under warranty and she explains if I have had an accident and hit the radar damaging it. So knowing I haven't hit anything I said sure not a problem.

About an hour later, Honda dealership calls me saying that I have to pay CAD 320/- as the radar has physical damage and not covered. I tried my best to tell them I have not hit ANYTHING and this is not true. So she tell me that if ice or any debris hitting the radar while driving can damage the radar and this is not covered under Honda warranty. And they place this sensitive device right in front of the car and expect nothing to hit this???

I said I will call back and called Honda and they initially said this should be covered under warranty.And a few calls later back and forth between me, Honda and the dealer, it finally came back as environmental damage and NO IT IS NOT COVERED under WARRANTY.

So having no way out, I decide to get it done paying CAD 350/- (with the taxes) out of my pocket. So finally I get the invoice and what it says .. "Radar realignment" not replacement. So what physical damage was that? if the radar did not fail? So who says this is even physical damage? Who says I hit something ? no damage to my front bumper and how they came up with their diagnosis and tell me I did hit something is unacceptable.

My confidence on Honda is diminishing on daily basis ..

- Dilvan K., Mississauga, ON, Canada

Oct 222018

Accord Sport

Purchased in May 2018 and noticed my brakes lights and Acc and other lights turn on and starts affecting my speed on the highway. I took it to Gillman Honda for a diagnose and they stated since I drive with two feet its normal. Now soon after that my taillight has a hole and I take it back to same dealer due to all lights on again. Now they say due to taillight broken that's why all my electrical lights on dashboard come on. It seems they are guessing and they are not wanting to help me. They reset code and check battery and just say all is good. My problem is still major issue and now I have noticed my brake light near rear window stays on while driving at night. Very dangerous and dealership doesn't assist.

- Alicia E., Houston, TX, US

Nov 252018

Accord Sport 2.0t

• CVT transmission

Many warning lights on. TPMS, LKAS, ACC, brake system, ABS etc. Will not allow me to switch to sports mode. Cursive Control not working. Car will drive.

- jmohammed, Norwich, US

Aug 172018

Accord Touring V4 Turbo

Car would not start. I couldn't open trunk or gas tank cover. SEVERAL warnings appeared on computer screen (brake problem, lane departure, blind spot indicator, rear camera, iPhone, turn signals & lights all inoperable). Computer came back on after 10 minutes by restarting car. It was a STRESSFUL mess!!! This shouldn't happen in a BRAND NEW car!

- Paul F., Broomall, US

Aug 222018

Accord Touring 2.0t

The LKAS, auto high beam, road departure mitigation, blind spot warning lights all came on this morning. The turn signals would not work either. The brake system light came on too.

Honda says "6831 lost communication codes". They cleared codes in PCM and test drove. Seems to work now.

- 2018 accord 2.0t, Acworth, US