- May 14: Acura Bluetooth Battery Drain Lawsuit Heads to Trial news | 4 days ago
- April 8: Honda Oil Dilution Lawsuit Includes Accord, Civic and CR-V news | 40 days ago
- March 11: Top Vehicle Safety Picks For 2022 news | 68 days ago
- March 5: Honda Infotainment Class Action Settlement Final news | 74 days ago
- February 24: Honda Accord, CR-V Automatic Emergency Braking Problems investigations | 83 days ago
Brakes Suddenly For No Reason
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends, & the 2017 Honda CR-V has at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 21,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 8 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (8 reports)