- March 21: Honda Recalls 255,000 Odyssey Minivans For Seatback Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- March 14: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Claims Soy Attracts Animals news | 8 days ago
- March 3: Honda CR-V and Civic High Oil Levels a Growing Trend news | 19 days ago
- February 18: Takata Bankruptcy Settlement Agreement Approved news | 32 days ago
- February 10: Honda Recalls Clarity Fuel Cell Cars, All in California recalls | 40 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends, & the 2017 Honda CR-V has at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only proposed a recall in China, & regulators there have rejected it because they don't think Honda's plan is sufficient.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 2,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
exhaust system problem