- December 22: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Ordered For 1,082 Cars recalls | 26 days ago
- December 14: Honda Recalls Pilot and Ridgeline Due To Airbag Problems recalls | 34 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 37 days ago
- December 4: Honda Recalls Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R Cars recalls | 44 days ago
- November 20: Honda Odyssey Power Sliding Door Problems Cause Recall recalls | 58 days ago
2017 Honda CR-V
Exhaust System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends, & the 2017 Honda CR-V has at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
2017 Honda CR-V Exhaust System Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda CR-V Model Years
Curious how the 2017 CR-V compares to other years?
Check out our Honda CR-V overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CR-V.