2017 Honda CR-V transmission problems: shifter knob fell off

Shifter Knob Fell Off

2017 Honda CR-V

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends, & the 2017 Honda CR-V has at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.

Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.

CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.

CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.

6.0

1. replace knob (4 reports)
2017 Honda CR-V transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Honda CR-V:

2017 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Nov 102018

CR-V EX 1.5L I-4

• CVT transmission

Planned on washing car on the weekend and I backed the car out of driveway onto street and put it in park. Once I did this I heard something fall on floor. I looked down and it was the shifter knob and the spring was in the passenger seat. I was able to put it in and shift the car. I called my dealer at 4:35 pm on Saturday and they close at 5:00 PM. They said if I can get there by 5 they would look at it. I got it there at 4:45 PM and they had it repaired in 5 minutes. I have been going to my dealer Southeastern Honda for over 25 years and they have been great. My only concern is on other CRV’s since I also have a 2018 CRV. The fix is simple but the plastic design I think needs to be redone since it breaks easily.

Dave

- dad58, Melbourne, US

Dec 302018

CR-V LX

Plastic shifter knob broke and came apart thus not allowing you to shift the car. Replacement is needed to make car functional.

- William L., Pembroke Pines, FL, US

Nov 202018

CR-V

When I arrived at the dealer holding the button and not being able to put my car in park...the service guy smuggingly said...Just put your finger in the hole (left by the missing button) to put the car in park. I politely said I do not put my finger in holes where there is no light. He didn't appreciate my response but then again his suggestion was equally uncalled for. Lets see if the dealer can fix it in the time they said.

- Jerry T., AtlantaAtlanta, GA, US

Oct 012018

CR-V Touring AWD 1.5L Turbo

• CVT transmission

The button on the transmission shifter falls out. A little piece of plastic broke and now the button pushes out and can get lost.

- Gregorio A., Chino, CA, US

Apr 142018

CR-V Touring 1.5L 4-cyl

The CRV has been absolutely a great car, but this one incident ruined an entire Saturday. Had to call Honda roadside assistance (very helpful and polite) but tow truck took over 2 hours to come pick up car, 45 minutes to drive to Honda dealership where it was purchased, and 1 1/2 hours there before back on the road.

- Eric W., Boca Raton, FL, US