- September 14: Honda Recalls Cars With Airbags That Weren't Installed Correctly recalls | 7 days ago
- September 11: Lane Departure and Blind Spot Warning Systems Really Work news | 10 days ago
- September 8: Salvaged Takata Airbag Focus of Karina Dorado Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- September 4: Honda Agrees to $605 Million Takata Airbag Settlement news | 17 days ago
- August 21: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 31 days ago
2000 Honda Insight
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2000 Honda Insight
Official recalls have been issued for the 2000 Honda Insight by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Honda service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Honda customer service.
2000 Honda Insight EXTERIOR LIGHTING:HEADLIGHTS NHTSA Campaign #04V086000
Summary: On certain passenger vehicles, the low-beam terminal on the head light wire harness can overheat and could cause the low beams to fail without warning.
Consequence: An unexpected loss of low beams could result in a crash.
Actions: Dealers will inspect the head light switch and coupler for signs of heat damage. If heat damage is present, the dealer will replace the switch and coupler. If no heat damage is present, the dealer will replace the head light switch and one mating pin in the coupler. Owner notification began on April 5, 2004. Owners should contact Honda at 1-800-999-1009. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #04V086000 »