- June 4: Malaysia To Punish Owners Who Ignore Takata Airbag Recalls news | 17 days ago
- June 4: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Over Rodent Damage Dismissed news | 17 days ago
- June 2: Two Takata Airbags Explode in Same Crash, Driver Killed news | 19 days ago
- May 30: Isuzu Rodeo, Axiom and Honda Passport Gas Tanks Detaching investigations | 22 days ago
- May 22: Honda Recalls Civic Hatchbacks To Replace Seatback Pads recalls | 30 days ago
NHTSA — Engine Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware the 2003 Honda Pilot once the odometer reaches 100k miles, when two problem defect trends have shown up: transmission failure & ignition switch problems.
Typically a locksmith can fix the ignition switch or it can be replaced for around $700. However the transmission failure is a far more expensive problem, with the average repair cost at well over $3,000. A major transmission recall of over 1 million Honda vehicles back in 2004 dealt with transmission damage due to overheating, but 2003 Pilot transmissions have continued to fail.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 3 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 3 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 121,082 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.