- November 12: Honda Recalls Passports and Pilots For Missing Welds recalls | 8 days ago
- November 4: Honda CR-V Infotainment Lawsuit Says Display Screens Malfunction news | 16 days ago
- November 3: Honda CR-V Windshield Crack Leads To Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- October 9: Recall: 2019 Honda CR-V Owner's Manual Has Wrong Info recalls | 42 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 44 days ago
A/C Not Working Properly
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's worrying when the top category for 2016 Honda Pilot problems are transmission problems. Owners report jerking when accelerating. Also as the first model year of the redesigned 3rd generation Pilot, it's not a good sign.
Honda released a TSB on October 29 2016 that's possibly related. The TSB deals with a "a judder from the torque converter lock-up clutch ... while driving between 20 and 60 mph" due to deteriorated transmission fluid resulting from "specific driving conditions". In the TSB, Honda states they are developing a software fix to try to keep the transmission fluid temperature within spec.
We are keeping a close eye on this defect trend because if certain driving conditions can affect transmission shifting in the first year of ownership, we'd hate to think what 10+ years will do.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 24,450 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (5 reports)
AC / heater problem