- November 25: Hyundai and Kia Car Thefts in Milwaukee Cause Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- November 20: Hyundai Sudden Acceleration Petition Alleges 8 Fatalities investigations | 15 days ago
- November 5: Hyundai Palisade Master Cylinder Recall: Contaminated Brake Fluid recalls | 31 days ago
- November 1: Hyundai Santa Fe Valve Cover Gasket Recall recalls | 35 days ago
- October 27: Hyundai Seat Belt Pretensioner Exploded: Recall Announced recalls | 40 days ago
Brakes Make Grinding Noise
2013 Hyundai Elantra (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side along with premature tire wear. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 10,750 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 47 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (24 reports)
- replaced rotors and pads (11 reports)
- replaced brake pads and resurfaced rotors (4 reports)
- resurfaced rotors (4 reports)
- replaced break pads (2 reports)
- going to the arbitration through camvap (1 reports)