- November 29: Hyundai and Kia Fires Cost Automakers Another $137 Million news | 4 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Veracruz Valve Cover Gasket Recall: Take #2 recalls | 11 days ago
- November 11: Hyundai Ioniq Class Action Lawsuit Includes SE, SEL, Limited news | 22 days ago
- October 25: Hyundai Elantra Lawsuit Settlement Reached Over Engines news | 39 days ago
- October 17: RECALL: Hyundai Kona Electric Fires: Park Away From Structures recalls | 47 days ago
Brakes Make Grinding Noise
2013 Hyundai Elantra (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side along with premature tire wear. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 10,750 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 47 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (24 reports)
- replaced rotors and pads (11 reports)
- replaced brake pads and resurfaced rotors (4 reports)
- resurfaced rotors (4 reports)
- replaced break pads (2 reports)
- going to the arbitration through camvap (1 reports)