- January 17: Hyundai Engine Warranty Extension For Sonata, Santa Fe Sport news | 1 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Replacement Recalls May Have Failed recalls | 1 days ago
- December 23: Hyundai Elantra Recall Ordered To Fix Faulty Sunroofs recalls | 26 days ago
- December 17: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Lead to Lawsuit news | 32 days ago
- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 55 days ago
2013 Hyundai Elantra (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side along with premature tire wear. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 64,150 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 22 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine (10 reports)
- not sure (7 reports)
- engine replacement (4 reports)
- repair engine (1 reports)