- June 2: Hyundai Palisade Windshield Wiper Recall Closes Investigation investigations | 5 days ago
- May 18: Hyundai Kia Lawsuit Settlement Reached Over Thefts news | 20 days ago
- April 24: Stolen Hyundai Crashes Into Toyota SUV, Killing Christian Romero, 23 news | 44 days ago
- April 21: Kia Theft Lawsuit: Teens Killed in Stolen Kia, Parents Sue Kia news | 47 days ago
- April 6: Hyundai Palisade Windshield Wiper Recall Expanded recalls | 62 days ago
Mpg Not Close To Epa Estimates
2013 Hyundai Elantra (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side along with premature tire wear. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 10,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 42 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (42 reports)
fuel system problem
- Hyundai/Kia Reimbursement Program - Comprehensive Reimbursement Program Available to Affected Current and Former Hyundai Owners
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
I purchased this from the dealership thinking I was getting a good deal (boy how wrong I was). I didn't start noticing the issue until I looked at the MPG I was getting after about a month of use. I tried driving this like a grandma and I was still getting like 21mpg in the city if I was lucky. I feel like I would have saved more money if I had purchased a V6 with more power. How was there never an actual lawsuit against them for this model year?
- Qahar R., beaverton, OR, US