- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 11 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 15 days ago
- May 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Could Lose Windshields and Windows recalls | 23 days ago
- May 10: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids To Repair Oil Seals recalls | 44 days ago
- April 26: Hyundai Recalls 580,000 Sonatas For Deadly Airbag Problems recalls | 58 days ago
Mpg Not Close To Epa Estimates
2013 Hyundai Elantra (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side along with premature tire wear. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 9,900 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 40 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (40 reports)
fuel system problem