- October 19: Toyota Recalls Sienna Minivans Over Rollaway Risk recalls | 1 days ago
- October 15: Feds Close Investigation Into BMW's Recall Failures investigations | 5 days ago
- September 21: MINI Cooper Oil Filter Housing Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 29 days ago
- September 20: FCA Recalls Chrysler Pacifica Minivans To Fix Seat Belt Buckles recalls | 30 days ago
- September 6: smart fortwo Fire Investigation Upgraded by Feds investigations | 44 days ago
2016 Mini John Cooper Works
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2016 Mini John Cooper Works
Official recalls have been issued for the 2016 Mini John Cooper Works by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Mini service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Mini customer service.
2016 Mini John Cooper Works AIR BAGS:PASSENGER SIDE FRONTAL NHTSA Campaign #15V628000
Summary: BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2014-2016 MINI Cooper S and MINI Cooper two-door vehicles, 2015-2016 MINI John Cooper Works and MINI Cooper S and MINI Cooper four-door vehicles and 2014-2015 BMW i3 vehicles. Due to a manufacturing error, the passenger frontal air bag may not deploy properly in a low speed crash. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
Consequence: In the event of a vehicle crash, an air bag that does not deploy properly increases the risk of injury to the front seat passenger.
Actions: MINI and BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag module, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on November 20, 2015. Owners may contact MINI customer service at 1-866-825-1525 and BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V628000 »